Hello! This time I stayed at Kameya Inn, a hot spring inn in Yunohama Onsen, Tsuruoka City, Niigata Prefecture.
I have relatives in Yamagata, so I went from Tokyo to Yamagata to Tsuruoka for a three-day, two-night trip.
I visited Yamagata City, Sakata City, and Tsuruoka City, and booked a room at Kameya Inn in Yunohama Onsen.
To be honest, I was worried because it was the first time I stayed at this inn and there were some bad reviews online…
But the rating was a satisfying ★★★★★
So, I would like to report in detail the charm of Kameya Inn, a long-established inn in Yunohama Onsen, with photos of the food, hot springs, service, and more.
- The Location of Kameya Inn in Yunohama Onsen
- How to Access Kameya Inn in Yunohama Onsen
- An Overview of Kameya Inn in Yunohama Onsen
- The room I stayed at Kameya Inn in Yunohama Onsen was the Junior Suite Room Classic!
- How much is the Junior Suite Room Classic at Kameya Inn in Yunohama Onsen?
- The Bath of the Junior Suite Room Classic at Kameya Inn in Yunohama Onsen
- The Meals of the Junior Suite Room Classic at Kameya Inn in Yunohama Onsen
- The Dinner of the First Day
- The Breakfast of the Second Day
- The Dinner of the Second Day
- The Breakfast of the Third Day
- The View from the Room was Amazing!
- The private hot spring in the room is excellent! But the public bath is also good! The sauna is nice too!
- All drinks are inclusive, but the bar “Kura” is also worth a visit
- If you stay at Kameya Inn in Yunohama Onsen, I recommend a little luxury!
The Location of Kameya Inn in Yunohama Onsen
|Postal Code: 997-1201 1-5-50 Yunohama, Tsuruoka City, Yamagata Prefecture
How to Access Kameya Inn in Yunohama Onsen
I will share with you how I accessed the inn and how to get there from Tokyo.
If you want to go directly to Tsuruoka, flying to Shonai Airport is much easier, I think. However, there are not many flights, so be careful as the good time slots get booked quickly!
And driving in winter is impossible!! Even the locals say it’s dangerous, so you should avoid it.
How to Access Kameya Inn in Yunohama Onsen from Tokyo
[Going] Tokyo ⇒ Yamagata ⇒ Tsuruoka
Travel time: 2 hours 44 minutes + 1 hour 49 minutes = 4 hours 33 minutes
Route: Tokyo ⇒ Yamagata ⇒ Tsuruoka
Fare: 11,250 yen (Shinkansen) + 2,600 yen (express bus)
[Returning] Tsuruoka ⇒ Niigata ⇒ Tokyo
Travel time: 4 hours 14 minutes (with transfer in Niigata)
Route: Tsuruoka ⇒ Niigata ⇒ Tokyo
Fare: 13,380 yen
I think you should allow at least 5 hours considering the transfer time and other factors.
An Overview of Kameya Inn in Yunohama Onsen
You should check their website for more details, but they were founded in Bunka 10 (1813).
In Japan, this was the Edo period.
This was a time when the culture of the townspeople developed remarkably, and together with the following Bunsei period, it was an era called the Kyoho culture. The Tokugawa shogun was Tokugawa Ienari.
The Tokugawa shogunate ended with the 15th shogun, Yoshinobu, so this was the early part of the late Tokugawa period.
The hot spring was opened in the 11th century. It is said that a fisherman nearby discovered it when he saw a turtle bathing in the sea. ⇒ A hot spring found by a turtle
By the way, this is a venerable inn where the Emperor Emeritus and Empress Emerita also stayed, and I saw their photos.
The room I stayed at Kameya Inn in Yunohama Onsen was the Junior Suite Room Classic!
Kameya Inn has rooms in Standard, Deluxe, Retreat, and Concept categories, as well as a top floor called HOURAI, where the room I stayed at is located [Junior Suite Room Classic].